Linemen Contend for Coveted Spot at International Competition
For some linemen, standing on top of the podium at Southern California Edison Lineman’s Rodeo has become a familiar and regular event. For others, it’s a new taste at victory.
This year’s annual SCE Lineman’s Rodeo and Picnic brought together 27 teams, 39 apprentices and 19 groundmen to the event in Chino. Competing utilities included: SCE, Los Angeles Department of Water & Power, Portland General Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric.
The top winners from the SCE Lineman’s Rodeo will head to Overland Park, Kansas for the International Lineman’s Rodeo in mid-October. Teams and individuals will compete with entrants from Canada, Europe and the U.S. at the annual international event.
Winners from this year’s SCE Lineman’s Rodeo competition, included:
- 1st - Jacob Gilmer / SCE Tulare
- 2nd - Jonathan Gutierrez / SCE Tulare
- 3rd - Garrett Sadro / SCE Santa Ana
- 1st - Peter Vilander / SCE Wildomar
- 2nd - Brandon Gloria / SCE Tulare
- 3rd - Brandon Branch / PG&E
Senior Team Overall
- Steve Lekvold, Bryan Lee and Richard Richardson / SCE Wildomar & Tehachapi
Journeyman Teams Overall
- 1st - Ramon Garcia, Wil Robinson and Jacob Lybbert / SCE Covina & Ontario
- 2nd - Robert Valenzuela, Mariano Molina and Andrew Regalado / SCE Fullerton, Ontario & Whittier
- 3rd - Jason Jones, Chris Podergois and Cody Cessna / SCE South Bay
Click here for the full list of winners.