Fly Kites Far Away From Power Lines
Flying kites near power lines and electrical facilities is dangerous and can disrupt electric service if kites get tangled in power lines.
Tips to fly kites safely:
- Fly your kite in an open area, far away from overhead power lines and electricity facilities.
- If the wind pushes your kite near a power line, let go of it.
- Avoid flying kites made with metallic wires or parts.
- Never fly a kite that is damp or wet.
- Never attempt to remove a kite or any object caught in power lines.
If you see anything caught in power lines, report it by calling SCE at 800-611-1911. For more electrical safety tips, visit sce.com/staysafe.