10 Things We Are Thankful For
It’s the season to give thanks, and we have a lot to be thankful for this year. From employees giving their time and money to help make our communities a better place, to our customers who are helping connect more and more clean energy to the grid — here are 10 things we are thankful for:
- We are thankful for our employees, who collectively pledged to give back more than $1.4 million this year to the everyday heroes working in our communities at nonprofits and schools to make the world a better place.
- For our crews. They work night and day in rain, wind, heat and snow to keep everyone’s lights on. And they even brought home the first place journeymen team prize at the International Lineman’s Rodeo this year.
- For the 30 Edison Scholars who want nothing more than to go to college and use their education to make the world a brighter place. These kids are our future, and we believed in them so much that we gave each one a $40,000 scholarship to help them reach their dreams.
- For our customers’ commitment to making a difference by adding more electric vehicles to our roads. California is now home to more than 40 percent of electric vehicle sales in the U.S.
- For our veterans — especially the ones who chose to join our workforce. Because of their service, this is the land of the free.
- For the Energy Assistance Fund, Southern California Edison’s nonprofit that provides assistance to customers to help keep their lights on. Funds are raised by employees, Edison International shareholders and SCE customers.
- For our volunteers who spent their Saturday packing food boxes for low-income families at the Orange County Food Bank. Last year, our employees volunteered more than 168,000 hours in their communities.
- For our partnership with nonprofits like GRID Alternatives, which helps install solar panels on low-income customers’ homes. Last year, SCE led the nation in annual megawatts of solar power added to the grid.
- For the 101 safety-minded volunteers who worked with the American Red Cross to install smoke alarms in 62 homes in the city of Rosemead. Each of those alarms could make the difference between life and death.
- For our Charge Ready program which will help install 1,500 electric vehicle charging stations at workplaces, apartment and condo complexes, fleet vehicle parking lots and campuses where people park their cars for four hours or more.